Pages

Tuesday, October 17, 2006

When Life Gets In The Way

This week -- and possibly next week -- I'll be away from my desk. Is it because I've suddenly sold my book and am on my way to meet with a famous New York agent/publisher? Sadly, no. The news isn't nearly that exciting, although it is good news. I'll be helping my mom move -- now she'll no longer live 45 minutes away from my house. Yippee! Yippee! Mom's support keeps me going. Without her and my husband reassuring me that I am not insane, that I really am a writer, and that I can make a living at this crazy profession, I'd probably be back to being someone's assistant. Oh, perish the thought. I'm afraid that after working for myself for five years, I'd make a very outspoken employee and probably get myself fired. Let's hope I never have to find out.

Check out my latest book review at Kristen King's e-zine, Notes in the Margin:
http://www.notes-in-the-margin.com/October2006.html
Kristen's website, http://www.kristenkingfreelancing.com/, was a finalist for Writer's Digest Top Writer's Websites list. I enjoy her blog, ::inkthinker::. .

This week's Northwest Writers' Group meeting has been cancelled. I apologize for any inconvenience & hope to see everyone next week. In the meantime, happy writing!

No comments: