Pages

Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Thanksgiving & Other Writing Prompts

In a few days, Americans will celebrate Thanksgiving. What memories do you have of this holiday? Take ten minutes to freewrite about your thoughts (or imagine yourself as a fictional character and invent some turkey day remembrances). If Thanksgiving leaves you uninspired, take another prompt and freewrite on it. Remember, freewriting means no stopping, stalling, or second-guessing yourself. Just write!

--Thanksgiving always make me think about….

--“I don’t know why you’re asking me these questions,” Delores insisted. “I was home all night. I don’t know a thing about….”

--Have you ever thrown a surprise party for someone?

--Combine a calculator, a camera, and a flower in a story or poem.

--Jason didn’t see the dog in the road….
______________
Picture courtesy of Joel Terrell at http://www.sxc.hu/photo/1115586

No comments: