Pages

Thursday, September 03, 2009

Superior Scribbler Award

When I opened my e-mail on Monday, I found something wonderful in my in-box. Sharon Lippincott, blog author of The Heart and Craft of Life Writing, gave me the Superior Scribbler Award! Normally I’m overflowing with words, but in this instance, all I could say was “Wow!” To echo Sharon’s words, receiving this recognition was unexpected and much appreciated. It’s easy to wonder who’s reading your blog—or if anyone is reading your blog, on some days—and the Scribbler was a big dose of encouragement for me.

When I went searching for five fellow bloggers to nominate (a part of the Superior Scribbler recipient’s duties), I spent an entire afternoon reading through blogs, something I don’t take enough time to do these days. I also realized how many writers I’ve met through Twitter, and in fact two of the Scribblers are bloggers/writers I’ve met through this new social networking site.

You’ll notice a definite trend with the bloggers to whom I’ve awarded the Superior Scribbler. Since I’m a professional writer who writes not only as a career, but also as a passion, I’m drawn to people who combine inspiration and information. Visit these blogs, and you’ll learn about writing from true professionals, get some tips on bringing wellness into your life, feel like you’ve had a visit with a friend over a cyber cup of java, and learn about great places to see in South Florida.

The five new winners of the Superior Scribbler Award:

Inkthinker by Kristen King. I discovered Kristen several years ago, and I’ve never failed to find encouragement and practical advice on her blog. Kristen is witty and accessible, and always informative. She’s a successful working writer, a goal many have but few achieve.

Real Words from a Real Writer by Kathryn Vercillo. I met Kathryn on Twitter, that ubiquitous social network. She’s a business blogger and professional writer who gives her view into the writing world.

Wellness Journeys Stepping Stones by Ellen H. Brown. I also met Ellen on Twitter, and her blog gives wonderful information on the balance and wellness we all seek, especially if you’re an entrepreneur (as so many writers are).

Coffee With Merina by Merina. Yes, it’s just what it says—a blog that makes you feel like you sat down for a visit with a friend. You’ll find a little reminiscing, some reflections on life, and a few words about books she’s just read.

My Fabulous Florida by Christine Michaels. Christine and I both sent in videos for the well-publicized job in Australia on Hamilton Island. Neither of us got the job (the lucky winner was Ben Southall), but both of us are still blogging about what’s going on in our respective cities; I write about Las Vegas and Christine writes about Miami.

I’m happy to let all the winners know that no public appearances are required, and you don’t have to do anything embarrassing on television (like walking around in a swimsuit, a la Miss America). However, recipients are asked to abide by these rules:

1. Each Superior Scribbler must in turn pass The Award on to 5 most-deserving Bloggy Friends.

2. Each Superior Scribbler must link to the author and the name of the blog from whom he/she has received the Award.

3. Each Superior Scribbler must display the Award on his/her blog, and link to this post, (http://scholastic-scribe.blogspot.com/2008/10/200-this-blings-for-you.html) which explains the Award.

4. Each Blogger who wins The Superior Scribbler Award must visit this post and add his/her name to the Mr. Linky List. That way, we’ll be able to keep up-to-date on everyone who receives This Prestigious Honor!

5. Each Superior Scribbler must post these rules on his/her blog.

Thank you, Sharon, for awarding me the Superior Scribbler, and thank you to the authors to whom I've passed the award--I appreciate your words!

1 comment:

Sharon Lippincott said...

You are most welcome Terrisa, and thanks for introducing me to some great new blogs. I admire your persistence. I certainly do understand the feeling of standing on a stage, not knowing if you are talking to a full house or an empty room, because you are blinded by the spots. Blogging is often like that. We write for the sheer joy of the writing. At least your writing sounds like you do.